Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Confessions of an Invalid

It's official: I have strep throat. Yuck! What to do when one is sick?

1. Eat lots of unhealthy food.
This one may not seem like such a good idea at first, but after one considers how wretchedly miserable they are, comfort food does seem to be a viable and reasonable option. I myself have already downed two pieces of buttered toast (classic sick food), a bowl of potato soup, a serving of ice cream (for my throat), a piece of spinach quiche, and a glass of orange juice. Mmmmm! I'll get around to the fruits and veggies part of my day later. *coughhopefullycough*

2. Watch television reruns.
Technically, TV is off-limits during Lent, but when you're ill at 4 AM, our family makes exceptions. I've watched nothing but Full House and Boy Meets World. I restrained myself from watching Doctor Who: That's my go-to "sick show", so I'm still making a sacrifice. 

FULL HOUSE!!! :D
3. Nap... a lot.
Even if it means you have weird dreams involving awkward proposals that go somewhere along the lines of, "I love French dresses, and I love you!" Did I mention this dream involved a certain William Mason? And that I was not being proposed to? Bummer. I was holding hands with an unknown, small child and walking nearby. Awko tacos.

I love you. Is that dress French?
4. Avoid any and all homework like the plague.
Yet another act of The Merchant of Venice? But I'm an INVALID!

*snort*
5. Read.
I finished Under a Fairy Moon, and I have yet to decide what is next on my priority list. Under a Fairy Moon was sweet, and though the writing wasn't "bad", I do think the novel needed a lot of work in terms of pacing and characterization. It still had the marks of an early draft. Of course, it's also aimed at younger children, but there were still parts where I was either confused or felt like I wasn't getting the full picture. Still, stunning cover art! I really ought to finish A History of Ireland, but I'm stuck in a dry part. Boo! Any suggestions?



6. Write.
Working on fairy-tales? Yes, please! Nothing like a fun story to lighten my mood.

What do you like to do when you're sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment