Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My "New" Bulletin Board

Who wants a peek at my "new" bulletin board?

I call it new even though most of the elements remain unchanged. The board is almost finished. I'm hoping to add some spring fashion ideas once my Boden catalog comes in the mail. *broad grin* A few more alterations, and it shall be perfection! (Until I feel like switching things up again.)

* Note: Pardon the crummy photos. I think the off-kilter look is artistic. Some may interpret it as sloppy. Your choice.

Exhibit A: The overview. A conglomeration of debate certificates, poetry slam winner's envelopes, old photographs, tickets to local events, etc.


Exhibit B: I made this map, oh, three or four years ago, for a story I never wrote in a magical world I knew virtually nothing about. But the map is pretty so I kept it.


Exhibit C: This year's NaNoWriMo winner's certificate! I am quite proud of this accomplishment, and one look at this piece of paper reminds me that I am a writer of books and gives me a healthy dose of confidence. I tucked some Shakespeare in the corner for good measure.


Exhibit D: This is the genius of my brain. Until I reorganized my bulletin board, I was keeping a list of titles I wanted to read. But editing the list was a pain, and it was hard to decide what to read next. Now I can just scribble a title, toss it in the baggie, and pluck one out when I need a new book! It doesn't look very full, but I used only little snips of paper.


Exhibit E:  Favorite poem. It is so gorgeous, and the story of the author is so tragic and utterly IRISH and HISTORICAL. Click here to enter the sobfest.


Exhibit F: My 2nd favorite poem. When I was in County Chorus, this was the men's piece, and I was blown away by the beauty of the music and the words.


Exhibit G: The top is a sticker from my best friend that proclaims my personal motto. Below are my William Mason pictures. ^_^ They make me smile, and only the best make the bulletin board. I might add one or two more beloved characters (the Doctor is a must). Finding these particular images was quite an adventure. I found them all under "William Downton Abbey". "William Mason" wielded some intriguing results... Click here if you're in for a good laugh. (Click here if you're in for a good cry.) Basically, thinking about my favorite characters makes me want to create ones that are equally wonderful!


Exhibit H: Yes, these are pages of a Lands' End Kids catalog. But I want all of these dresses SO BADLY, that I kept the pictures. Someday, I intend to sew them myself. Or employ someone else to sew them for me. Or wave my magic wand and make them come in adult sizes. The light blue striped one in the middle seems story-worthy to me.


Having a neat bulletin board full of things that inspire me keeps my head clear and motivates me to write. What about you? Do you like putting your "stuff" on display? What gets your creative juices flowing? The comments await you.

Next up: My super secret writing box! (Not so secret any more, I suppose.)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I've HEARD the Flanders Field song. It's sad. lol...

    I like your bulletin board.

    Oh! And I tagged you! (I'll understand if you don't like doing tags, but if you want to pick it up, you can find it here: http://teresadelallo.blogspot.com/2013/02/tag-im-it.html )

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I'm so flattered that you tagged me! I will get to answering those questions pronto. Thanks for tagging me!

      And I'm glad you like my bulletin board. I'm way more proud of it than I should be. ^_^

      Delete
  2. ohh I miss William!!!! :( Hey there girly-Love your creative space-bulletin board...I would love to do something like this! Good idea with how to pick books too, I never know which to pick next-im always so behind in all the books I want to read. :)And congrats on NaNo-that is a huge accomplishment--props to you!

    Jeanine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! You like Boden too? Awesome sauce. Try "Garnet Hill" - I know you'll like the company. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, I looked at their stuff and I like it! :D Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  4. I never commented on this, but I just want to say how much I LURVES this board. You are makin' me want to reorganize my own, mi'lady! It's so creative and fun and so MONICA... gah! I lurves it! :D

    ReplyDelete