Friday, February 1, 2013

100-4-100: Day 1

Day #: 1
Today's Word Count: 340
Overall Word Count: 340

Time for my first 100 for 100 Challenge update!

Obviously, I exceeded my 100 word goal... by over 200 words! Excitement! Of course, this felt like scribbles compared to the 1,667 words I churn out per day during NaNo. I think that's why I produced more work than I needed to: My perspective has been distorted by too much NaNoing.

I found that I couldn't hold out any longer: I'm writing that Irish novel I always drone on and on about. I'm trying to research as I go. Not great for historical accuracy, but fantastic for getting a feel for the "spirit" of the story. I wrote all of my stuff today at school, which meant school filters. I found it ironic that Google Docs is blocked at school, but in my search for facts on pipes, I can access a wealth of information concerning how to smoke pot. The school system at its finest.

What I wrote isn't exactly poetry. In fact, it's teetering on being pure garbage. But you know what? This wonderful story that has been pent up inside me for over a year now is getting a chance to see the light. I'm certain that I'll hate what I've written: the crummy attempts at prose, the foolish mistakes, the cringe-worthy historical inaccuracies. Yet today is Day 1, and for today, I'm going to enjoy the process. Just this once.


1 comment:

  1. You go, Moni! I'm writing out a novel that I've been wanting to write for quite some time... and so happy you're doing the same! I have a feeling this is going to be way easier than NaNo.

    Well, it had BETTAH be. ;)

    ReplyDelete