Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Final Countdown!

Duhduhduhduhhhhhduhduhduhduhduhduhhhh... It's pretty much impossible to convey that song without music. Here.



I didn't realize this had a music video. 80's music... *shudders* Will you just look at their hair!?!?!? What were they thinking!? Still, the song works.

It is, indeed, THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, as we approach the fabled Script Frenzy. I'm kind of terrified because I still only have a beginning and an end. Usually I only have a middle. But I promised y'all an overview of the main characters, so for the good of the order, here 'tis. I can't guarantee they won't change by the end of the script, or that you'll be able to recognize them, or that their names won't change or they won't dye their hair or just magically drop off the face of the planet. It's all tentative, my dears. Tentative.

Enter James or "Jamie". He's numero uno in this story, like it or not, and yes, he's the gent with the flowers. Grown-up Jamie is sort of serious looking. In fact, he's scowling right now. Ah yes, even with those marvelous flowers in hand, he's frowning. I promise you he wasn't always so dowry. In fact, he was once a daydreamer. He could have made a career out of it! Jamie used to be sort of on the scrawny side. Knobby knees, red from the scrapes, and sharp elbows, rough from playing outdoors. His clothes were always a little loose and his face was a bit sunken in. But he had these huge blue eyes... A charming child, really. Very creative. Quite the imagination, and a heart as deep as the ocean. But things have changed. His heart is hard now. But if I were to tell you WHY, then there would be no STORY, now WOULD THERE?

On to Peter. I can't help it - he's a favorite of mine. I know the viewer's sympathies are going to lie with Jamie, but I can't help but love him. Peter's rather oblivious, you see, and can be a little insensitive. He's got a good heart, I promise! He's rather handsome, I might add. It takes a little bit of willpower not to get too wrapped up in writing him. If you were to pass him on the street, he'd probably offer a good-natured smile, a tip of that hat if he happened to wearing one, and perhaps a grand bow if he really felt like getting your attention (if you're a pretty gal, that is). As a child, he was troublesome - always pulling Jamie into things, always talking out of turn and missing the point whenever possible. But he is still very clueless... You have to be rather blunt with him, and Jamie's more the hide-my-feelings-until-I-implode type...

(Now this is the part where you understand the name of the movie.) Meet Elizabeth. Goodness, is she pretty. Fair in every sense of the word, I might add. Nowadays she's rather soft-spoken, but as a child, she always had something to say. She was bossy and controlling, but sweet in a very quiet way. There was this ethereal quality about her - she was so light and elven-like. And she was practically addicted to books. It didn't matter what they were about - math, science, far off kingdoms - just so long as there were plenty of words. She spent so much time looking for adventure... I wonder if she ever found it.

... I think she might be French. We'll see once the writing process actually begins.

So there you are, a brief overview. Rather mysterious, eh? That's because they're all still "mysteries" to me. I can't wait to explore their character! I'll try and post a brief synopsis some time before the Frenzy begins. Until then, farewell.

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh..... ahhh....

    Wow, I love this story! It's gonna be a good one! I can't wait until you've done it. It shall be a magnanimous effort on your part, but ALL FOR THE LOVE OF WRITING!

    HUZZAH!!!

    Write on, girl.... write on. :) I hope to offer you support and comfort as you strive to complete the Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, m'dear, for all of your well wishes. It really is going to be a frenzy... I have done practically no planning, since I've been so busy. But thanks for the support. :)

    ReplyDelete