Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Guess I'm not handsome enough to tempt him.

You may or may not remember this post, where I talked about an encounter with this guy who looks like Daniel Vincent Gordh (from "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries") and sort of acts like Darcy (although the question of Darcy-caliber-character remains unresolved).

I play good Darcy. Hehe.
Well, there was another encounter. It goes a little something like this...

So, I'm walking into my AP Exam, lookin' like a boss. I wore a dress and everything. Everyone else is wearing sweatpants and I'm all:

I'm gonna be one fly companion, ladies n' gents. I can't save the world unless I feel confident, and there is nothing like a dress to make me feel kick-butt. I'll probably have to pair it with sensible shoes, biker shorts, and wear 20 hair ties on my wrist, but I'll be ready to defeat evil across the galaxy.

ANYWAYS. I walk up to the door and said Darcy character is on the other side. He's just chilling with like 1 or 2 people, like usual. (*cough*BingleyandCaroline*cough*) So this is what I see in my brain:


And I walk in all like:


I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeere.
And he reaches over and pushes open the door. Not a full-out "I'm opening the door for you in a gentlemanly fashion", but it indicated knowledge of my existence and at least some degree of chivalry.

So after my exam, I go to Panera's with mah BFF and I'm all:

HE SORT OF HELD OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME!
Derp derp derp, we eat our food, I file it away in the cabinet titled "Monica Will Not Be Perpetually Single and Sometimes People Are Nice" folder.

Now, fast forward to my second AP Exam this morning.

This time, I wear sweatpants like everyone else cuz I overslept my alarm. First one there anyways. Guidance counselor shows up. She unlocks the door, I come inside, bunches of people arrive. Put my social skills of an agoraphobic lobster to work. Then, as I'm about to head back to the back room to stalk the other people, guidance counselor is all like:

"Can you hold open the door to let people in? Otherwise it stays locked."

Everyone deserts me, and I'm left standing there, waiting for the late kids, with the realization that the closest thing I've ever had to a Darcy moment was a fluke. He held the door because otherwise, me and the three people behind me wouldn't have been able to get in.

My initial reaction:





Followed by:



forever alone.

Oh well.


1 comment:

  1. DANG. I hate it when little dreams like that are shattered so ruthlessly. :(

    But you're right... regret nothing.

    ReplyDelete