Sunday, June 23, 2013

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

If you really must know, I had the pleasure of seeing Ally, Marlene, and Athena from Charlie and Me over the weekend. As you can imagine, much silliness ensued. There may or may not have been light saber fights involved.

Anywho, Ally gave me a lovely idea! She told me she had gotten up early, made herself a cup of tea, and given herself some time to write. I decided to do the same. I gathered up my favorite Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati mug, the ingredients for a perfect cup of Earl Grey, as well as Ally's graduation gift to me. (This is my cue to gush about how AWESOME my present is.)


Ally got me some "unblockers", or "inspiration dice for writers and storytellers" by Palimpsestic. According to the tag, "these dice feature words and phrases torn directly from a used and abused 1962 copy of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen". Let me just tell you, these things are so cool. They're covered with all sorts of great, story-worthy words ("influence", "horrid man", "young ladies", "conjecture", "evening", etc.)! I tried rolling them all at once, then tried a single roll. I got the word "listen", and next thing I knew I was jotting down character and story ideas at light speed! If you want your own pair, go to http://palimpsestic.etsy.com. (No worries -- I didn't peek, Ally!)

Also, I found a webpage that said this at the top while searching for some background info for my writing.
  • Is there a novel in every person?
  • Are there stories that have never been told because they seemed unimportant?
  • What is the value of the lives of people who will never be famous or have their biographies written?
 BIG QUESTIONS. Questions that maybe I'll answer some day.


So! Moral of the story: Writing in the morning is great, and it's even better with tea.



"Super-heated infusion of free-radicals and tannin, just the thing for healing the synapses..."
My mug. <3

3 comments:

  1. The tried and true method of harvesting inspiration. We're in this together!! I love my mornings. :)

    I hope the unblockers have at least a small bit of influence in helping you unlock all of those incredible ideas you have stored up. Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'awwwww I want some of those unblockers. I HELPED PICK THEM OUT. I did.

    AND I LOVE YOU TOO. How could I not love someone who I had a lightsaber battle with...?

    <3 <3

    ^that's all my Timelordy love.

    ReplyDelete