Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HD Love, Jimmies (plural), & the Like

5 Interesting Things You All Ought to Know

-1-
New year, new me, new blog.

 Look around. Isn't it colorful? I am currently working on improving the layout of the blog and making it more functional. I'll be rolling out some more minor changes which will hopefully make this blog easier to navigate. 

-2-
Heather Dixon loves me.

Me, and Marlene. Below is a screenshot to prove it. If you haven't read Heather Dixon's positively enchanting novel Entwined or clicked "follow" for her hysterical blog Story-Monster, I would highly recommend it. She can make me laugh (or swoon) even on the darkest and dreariest of days.

Fangirl captions added for your entertainment.
-3-
Downton is back, ladies n' gents.

While other viewers are trying to keep calm and carry on after Season 3, I am still suffering from post-Season 2 depression. Face it: Best season of Downton Abbey ever. I have professed my love for William and Branson and Downton Abbey before, so I will leave the gushing to my past self. I am looking forward to Season 4 viewing sessions with my family until I return to school. My sisters, mother, and I all make tea and watch it together, and my father inevitably asks for the details the next day. (He's secretly a fan. I just know it.) So far it's more of the same, but the promise of new characters should shake things up relatively soon.


 -4-
On top of Jimmy, there are jimmies!

There's Downton Abbey Jimmy, and then there are jimmies. As of tomorrow, I'll have both! I'm planning to bake some sprinkle-covered cookies over the course of the week, and for some reason the irony of back-to-back Jimmy-ness tickles my funny bone.

Durdurdur I'm Jimmy durdurdur.
-5-
 My sister loves Earl Grey. I repeat: SHE LOVES EARL GREY.

I watched my youngest sister acquire a taste for tea over the past few years, but we had sort of parted ways. She experimented with vanilla chai concoctions while I perfected the art of a perfectly steeped, stirred, and sweetened cup of E.G. She saw me having my "usual" this evening and asked for a sip. She brought the mug to her lips, took a tiny sip, looked me in the eye, smiled, and said, "That was delicious." I promptly made her her own cup and watched her skip off into boiled leaf juice bliss. I'm so proud, guys!!!

The tea was Iroh approved.
On the writing front... All this time off has given me some time to write, which has been glorious. Still in my fairy-tale phase. I may or may not have promised some of my friends at school some finished stories, so I have my work cut out for me. I only have two weeks before I have to head back! My sentiments on the subject look a little like this:


Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but I'm pretty happy right where I am. So there you have it: 5 things you ought to know. Until next time!
Image Credits: 2nd down, 3rd down, 4th down

2 comments:

  1. ERMERGERSH MERNERCER I love the new blog look. And I must confess that I only read about half of this post because I'm not caught up on Downton Abbey and I'm trying to remain spoiler-free. (I refuse to acknowledge that a good portion of the Season 2 drama was spoiled for me. DARN YOU, PINTEREST.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, fair maiden: I intentionally kept the post spoiler-free! You may now indulge yourself in the rest of my literary genius--- I mean, blog post.

      We *will* watch Season 2 next semester. Avoid Pinterest in the mean time.

      Delete