Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back & Better

Ally and I are back on campus, and we're better than ever, baby! Both ready to fill our minds and hearts to the brim with wisdom, we face a shiny new semester full of fresh starts, new experiences, and friends of both the old and new varieties. Furthermore, on January 22nd, we celebrated our 4th Friendaversary! (Yes; We are one of those lucky pairs who know our friendaversary.)

WE'RE FOUR!!!
Our updated and improved room looks pretty spiffy too. I have plenty of quotes on my wall, along with photographs and writing inspiration-worthy art and a list of my writing goals for the semester. Jane Austen's silhouette (captioned with her official title, Queen of Snark) is positioned so that she is visible through our open door. (As you know, love is an open door, and we have that in full supply.) Speaking of Frozen, our Elsa-themed confidence wall is just opposite. Want a look?


The Queen of Snark (our patroness)
Let It Go = the motto for the semester
This ought to keep me busy!
I look forward to another semester spent cultivating my mind and growing as a person. I am so blessed to go to a school with such holistic approach to the liberal arts. I have learned plenty of practical skills, sure, but I have grown so much as a person, thanks to my education. Plus, this place is practically overflowing with cool people! Did I mention Emily and I now have Peter Pan friendship necklaces? I have an acorn, and she has a thimble. The clasps are like clocks! Isn't it perfectly Pan of her? I think my necklace is just ducky (and not just because it was almost the gift that I got her!).

I'll be posting whenever I can with my busy academic schedule and limited wi-fi access, but I hope to keep everyone in the know on anything and everything literary, as well as respond to any and all blog comments. So stay tuned, folks: I have a good feeling that this is going to be a brilliant year for story-telling.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy this round of classes!!!!! And have lots of adventures!! (Your idea of putting up quotes over you wall is brilliant. I almost want to steal it but I don't have the wall space.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut up index cards and wrote my quotes in small font. Maybe you can fit a few that way?

      Delete
    2. That is a good idea. I do have room for those.

      Delete