Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NaNoWriMo Day No. 13

Haven't posted in 2 weeks. Deal with it.

Sorry, don't mean to get nasty. All I know is that I am positively swamped with college applications and Forensics and Drama Club and County Chorus and District Chorus and NEVER MIND YOU DON'T CARE. Really, I'm not cranky. Promise! In fact, as I write this, I'm getting my first listen to Taylor Swift's new album.


She is so my guilty pleasure. She averages about 2 non-boy songs per album, but I don't even care. Something about T-Swizzle makes me want to do cool stuff. Like write a novel.

Do you know how behind I am? Very. I was *ahead* last year. Now I am limping behind the better prepared WriMos, dragging my overly complex plot and contrary characters and wishing I could just give up and watch the rest of Downton Abbey which conveniently just arrived in the mail to tempt me. (I caught up my sister to Episode 5, and we are in mourning together.) I have a stockpile of chocolate and the nagging desire to lose weight. In other words, I've got November problems.

Now as I rush off to finish up college essays and try and bump up my NaNo word count, I leave you with some of the songs that are helping me to power through this little novel. Read the descriptions --- some of the songs seem a little "out there".

My book is noticeably lacking in the drug addict-forced-to-be-a-prostitute-to-fuel-addiction area, but this song is so positively sad, I feel like it captures the sadness that sits in my MC's heart.

What does it have to do with my plot? NOTHING! What does it have to do with getting me in the mood to write? EVERYTHING!

Realization moment!!!

Later, gators. And if I don't have a spare moment before then, Happy Turkey Day! I can hardly wait for the pumpkin pie, the family togetherness, and the post-dinner crash. :)

1 comment:

  1. My dear! Congrats on getting half-way through NaNo! HUZZAH! You have done what I could not. Sigh.

    Let me just say that T. Swizzle's new disc is AH-MAH-ZING and that I love it to pieces!

    And if you haven't noticed, we're doing NaNo cheerleading over at C&M. :D

    ReplyDelete