Tuesday, April 30, 2013

*le Gatsby*

Pardon my recent absence from the blogosphere. I've been swirling ice cream cones, making prom arrangements, and oh just taking the best band trip ever in the history of the universe. Yeah, my band sort of won our division... and became grand champs at our festival. Not to mention I conquered several rollercoasters. They were intense. Gloriously, wonderfully, beautifully intense!
'Dis one be mah favorite. I think...? They were all good!
In more literary news, Invisible Man has permanently altered the way I view books and writing. It now feels like unless there isn't symbolism in every word on the page, the book is worthless. In all seriousness, though, it's been fascinating reading something that operates on so many levels. I'm very close to the end and I'm eager to finish and see how the novel resolves (or fails to resolve, for that matter). Once we finish Invisible Man, we're rereading The Great Gatsby for fun, and to prepare for our class trip to see a special viewing of the new movie in theaters! I can see why Leonardo DiCaprio was cast as Gatsby, but nothing can replace Robert Redford in my mind. He was perfect in the role.
*le then*
*le now*
 And in case y'all were wondering, this is what I will be wearing to the showing:

*le cool shirt*
Getting dressed that day, I'm half tempted to throw my shirts around the room, Gatsby-style. What do you think? Should I go for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment