Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Idea of the Century

When you're feeling down, I would highly recommend you look up people's stories concerning their interactions with characters at Disney. Too cute for words.

I could go on for hours about every second of the interactions I had when my family went on our first and only trip to Disney World two summers ago, but I will just sum it up: It was awesome. I spazzed over Belle and I might have shouted on accident. I gushed to Naveen and Tiana that I had seen their movie over twenty times. I got a picture with the adorable Flynn Rider. My sister and I chased after Peter Pan, who we missed, unfortunately. (I plan to go back to Disney, walk right up to him, declare my intentions to become a lost girl, and show him my best crow.) I'm telling you, meeting the characters at Disney is one of the most fun things I've ever done.

*smolder* My hair was so short 2 years ago. Wow.

I have lots more pictures but you probably don't want to see all of them, Plus, I look like I'm 10. Flynn/Eugene is enough.

So basically, I've had the idea of the century. We make Literature World... and we populate it with literature themed rides and GREAT CHARACTERS OF LITERATURE INTERACTIONS.

Picture this.

Big Brothers posters, everywhere.

The Huck Finn Log Flume. Instead of logs, you're on rafts.

The Gatsby Rollercoaster. In that flashy yellow car with Daisy at the wheel.

Fahrenheit 451 Ride. Your car is chased by the mechanical hound!

Meet-and-greet with Darcy and Elizabeth. Push Lizzy out of the way, and flirt with the gent.

The Haunted House. Featuring the ghosts of King Hamlet and Catherine Earnshaw.

Narnia Train Ride. You start in a train station in England, then you're in Narnia, summoned by Susan's horn!

Now let's add more books.

Attend a ball at the pavilion! Beware Keeper; If you're lucky, Bradford will ask you for a spin.

Play paintball Hunger Games!

Come to the bonfire! Tell mountain stories. Dance with ribbons. Learn to quarryspeak.

What do y'all think? Any ideas for this amusement park? The above are only the tip of iceberg!

3 comments:

  1. Windmill Giants, Phileas Fogg's Fabulous Flight, Walden Pond Paddleboat, Portraits by Dorian Gray, Isle of the Lotus Eaters Snack Bar and the EPIC ride of Gilgamesh.

    Also, you need to watch "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." Essentially the Avengers for Lit nerds.

    ~Clarke Peterson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange you should bring that movie up. My best friend just saw it.

      Not sure which is better: the Walden Paddleboat or the Lotus Eaters Snack Bar.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Literature World is a fantabulous idea!!!!!!! I love it!!! And, btw, I think you and Eugene/Flynn look great together.;)

    ReplyDelete