Sunday, December 8, 2013

The cold never bothered me anyways.

I guess it's high time I gave you folks an update on my NaNoWriMo experience this year. In case you weren't already aware, I didn't win this year. In fact, I didn't come anywhere close. I still have to update my word count. I think I hit somewhere in the 10,000 to 15,000 word range. November ended up being an awfully stressful month for school, and I couldn't exactly stay up late to get ahead on my word count like in high school. Truth is, I'm not that disappointed. I started writing a trio of wonderful fairy-tales that have so much promise, I could care less if they won me NaNo bragging rights!


For the past two months, I've been falling in love with fairytale writing all over again. It relieves my stress instead of adding to it, even when I hit roadblocks. Fairy-tales provide such a wonderful opportunity to communicate a meaningful message, tie in themes and symbolism, throw in some quirky characters, while also maintaining a sense of humor. To top off my fairy-tale love affair, I had the pleasure of watching Frozen this past weekend. That movie reminded me why I love story-telling so much. It was beautiful. I would highly encourage you all to see it. Don't listen to the music until after you've watched it, even though it's awesome. Oh, and prepare to laugh hysterically. I'd recommend checking out your sense of decorum at the door.


Let it be known that I write this post while rocking out to the Frozen soundtrack. Gosh, it's so good, it makes me want to write for Disney or something.




Look, Anna has freckles! Makes me feel a lot better after this post. Also, Hans has SIDEBURNS and a CRAVAT. Who designed these characters? Can I write them a thank you note? And would they kindly send me an exact replica of Anna's outfit, right down to the boots? Pleaseandthankyou.

In other news, it snowed today. It was the first real snow here at school, and Ally and I were naturally ecstatic. It was the kind of snow that made your hair sparkly and crunched under your feet. Combined with all of our Frozen references, I daresay it was a pretty good morning.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. FROZEN! I enjoyed that movie and I love the music. I listen to it every time I feel gloomy. Wonderful music. And if someone sends you Anna's outfit you have to give me their name so I can get my own. I love her outfit. I loved her two braids. We needed a princess with braids. I loved Olf, seriously, how can anyone NOT love him? I loved Kristoff. I loved it so much I want to see it again and buy it. Very fun movie.

    Now I want to go and see it again, tonight, but The Hobbit is out tonight....so it shall have to wait.

    ReplyDelete