Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm sorry...

... for breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep.

Yeah, I just quoted The Jonas Brothers.
Yes, I was obsessed with them in middle school.
And yes, Nick Jonas is still madly attractive (although he has lost some favor now that he CUT HIS HAIR).

But how can't you love a group of boys that made this lovely music video!?

Hullo!? Modesty? WWII? NICK JONAS!? There's a reason I love them. Okay, Nick and Kevin --- Joe is kind of weird now.

ANYWAYS.



I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages. Between cheerleading practices, baby-sitting, volunteering, band, piano, etc. I have been swamped with things to do. That, and I have an addiction to Pinterest which eats up all my free time. Oh, and Doctor Who nights. Did I mention that Dalek-human-things are nasty? Cuz they are.

WRITING UPDATE: I am beyond lame. I've barely written since school let out, although I have attempted to. Thing is, there is this nagging voice that keeps screaming "YOU HAVE RESEARCH TO DO, MISSY!" and I really just feel like being creative. For someone who loves history and historical fiction and learning, I abhor research. I'm too much of a perfectionist. I have to decide how in-depth I want to get and how historically accurate I want to be, and sometimes it's simply too much. I think I'm going to focus on NaNoWriMo, which is a dystopia and requires no research. I can write character profiles and load up on B&N gift cards to buy research books. Oh, and I'm planning to finish up some short stories! They're HF pieces but don't require too much detail. I know y'all are probably thinking I never ever ever actually write anything, but I'm in the slump of my life and I could use some hugs and chocolate and maybe some roses. Yeah... I could go for some roses.

READING UPDATE: On the brink of being finished with Emma!!! Spoiler alert, BTW. Emma and Knightley finally let out their true feelings (about time!). I was all happy and stuff and smiling like an idiot and reading the best parts aloud to my sister (who really didn't want to listen but, as usual, tolerated my weirdness). Then I hate a 5 page letter from Frank Churchill and decided my brain was fried and I needed sleep. Sooooo almost done. Almost!

Did I mention I got my sister to read Pride and Prejudice? And my dad to watch part of the movie? Now that I've roped them into Austen, Doctor Who, and British everything in general, I'm seriously considering expanding my vision and taking over the world. Turns out I have a lot of influence!

Story Time

Once upon a time, a girl named Monica ventured into the World of Wally alongside her beloved mother. While her mother browsed the aisles for summer essentials, the fair maiden wandered into the enchanted forest of books. Pushing past the romance novels, popular YA literature, and countless self-help books, she was reunited with the books known to the other lords and ladies as "required reading". She gathered them in her arms (literally) and pet them like small birds (true story). When she realized she simply couldn't take all of the forest creatures home with her, she was forced to choose only one. Upon her departure, she bade them each farewell, calling each by name.

"Goodbye Jay! Goodbye Holden! Goodbye Scout!" She stroked each and every cover for good measure while confused employees looked onward. Then the lady took the creature home and added it to her To Read List, which is currently over 20 titles long.

The End.

Hopefully that tale makes up for my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment