Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Post in a Pinch

I am leaving for NYC at 5:45 AM tomorrow and will stay there until 10:30 PM. Crazy, I know.

Therefore, my post must be brief. Just a warning, I won't be posting a whole lot for the next month. I have work and practice Thursday, parties Friday and Saturday, and I am leaving for Boston on Sunday and will be at camp for a week. Then I have another camp for four days. Then a camp for eight days. I have a burfday somewhere in there... You should see my Birthday Wish List. It's the bomb. A copy of A Tale of Two Cities, Doctor Who merchandise, any and all available seasons of Downton Abbey... I dream big. :) In short, I have a lot coming up and I will try to post whenever I can. And write whenever possible, which is going to be difficult. Nonetheless!

I wanted to inform you, the Office of Letters and Light is shutting down Script Frenzy. To think, I could have been one of the last winners! They just didn't have enough participants/donors to sustain the program. As sad as this is, I hope to support them with my support in NaNoWriMo this November and I would encourage you all to join me. It really is a fantastic program!

WRITING UPDATE: Zilch. I woke up late this morning, threw a fit because I couldn't find my sneakers to go on a walk (my mother put them in her own closet, of all places), showered, ran to cheer practice, ran to dinner, ran to an appointment, ran back to coach little itsy bitsy cheerleaders, ran home for "dinner" (aka a protein bar I shouldn't have eaten), and now I am supposed to be packing for my week in Boston since I will only have a few fleeting hours to do so on Thursday. Hoping to bring a notebook on all of my travels and jot a few things down. I could use a nice long writing session.

READING UPDATE: So ridiculously close to being done with Emma, it hurts! I am in the final chapters. Still. Every time I settle down to read, I end up falling asleep... and have strange dreams. There was the Darcy dream, followed by the Doctor Who dream. The TARDIS was full of Jews (NO IDEA WHY), and the Doctor saved them from something futuristic. Apparently the Christians didn't make it. We only filled half the seats in the auditorium. My job was to transcribe song lyrics and walk around with a priest to visit people's teepees. How reading before bed causes these bizarre dreams, I have no idea. But there is a definite link!!!

STORY-TIME!!!

My sister and I got into a deep discussion about what type of man each of my sisters and I are going to marry. My sister firmly believes she will end up with a goofball, which is probably true. Anyways, we concluded I will end up with an intellectual of sorts (because I am just that smart). I tried to describe Mr. Right in the best way possible.

"This is gonna sound weird," I began, "but I really like quiet guys."

"Ha!" my sister snorted. "That's because you like to talk all the time." 

I envisioned this particular couple and cringed.


Poor, poor Mr. Palmer. So I shrieked, "No, not like the Palmers!" Then I continued, "I mean quiet in a Darcy sort of way... You know, socially awkward... but not really... he's just... when he says stuff, it's important. Like... important... You know how Knightley always...? I wrote about this one character... Have you ever read...?*sigh* Never mind."

She's probably right. No quiet men for me... I'll talk his ears off. Still, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment