Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blocked

I am suffering from major writer's block, and I'd like to blame the Internet blocks at my school. I can't get to Google Docs, which means no writing for Monica during school hours. Which is where I do half my work! No wonder nothing is getting done!

The main problem is that I can barely get through homework, much less have time for myself. After prom this weekend, my SAT test next Saturday, followed by my band concert next Saturday, followed by my AP Spanish test, I might actually be productive. Until then, I'm going to try and get the creative juices flowing.

Usually I listen to certain genres of music while I'm working on certain stages of a project, or a certain type of project. But lately, my taste in musical has been all over the place! First, the song that is stuck in my head:

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THESE BOYS EVEN ARE. I know one is named Nialls (not sure which one), one is Irish (I can't tell which when they're singing), and they're from over the pond. And I know a girl who went to one of their concerts. That's it. But this song is constantly stuck in my  head and I sort of like it. But I already had my boy band phase: THE JONAS BROTHERS. Only because Nick Jonas is absurdly handsome and actually really talented. Now Kevin is married, Joe is off being weird, but Nick has only gotten better. How can I prove that? COME LOOK.

Les Miserables is my all-time favorite musical. My dream is to play Eponine one day. I cry when I sing her part sometimes and I've literally had dreams about playing her. My best friends cover Marius and Cosette and we pretty much dominate this song.

Okay, so Nick isn't the most phenomenal Marius ever. But he is most certainly the most attractive. See, Les Miserables is my power music. I listen to it before I debate, before concerts, and even before I write. So Nick Jonas is therefore totally relevant.

I would share more music, but I must study some more. More music some other day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, One Direction so gets stuck in my head. I know your pain, girl! :D
    Press forward! Do not fear! The defeat at ScriptFrenzy was a minor one. We are only bloodied, not defeated! We will march for the written word!

    ONWARD!

    I know you can write on. I just KNOW it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4SDuF8Z4JM

    Just in case they turn evil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA so true! I'm just sick of listening to some of the girls argue over them. HAHAHA "Don't crawl on my back, Mr. Monkey." "He's the one with the weak mustache." I finally know who the Irish one is! Thank you, Pete. I have been enlightened. Still not sure if I like them or not........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, Monica. I don't really like them, in fact, I don't like them at all. I'm not one of the crowd! Huzzah! I rather think they're a bunch of Justin Biebers mixed with Backstreet boys.

    But that stupid song. Gets stuck in my head. Thanks for the link, Pete. I shall avoid them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're not evil, yet :P

    Rhett and Link are the first youtube channel to have merited my subscription. Hehe....

    ReplyDelete